Yes indeed, I did steal this idea from Bethenny Frankel. Im pretty much in love with her. I am not much of a reality TV junky, but when I do catch her show I am always laughing.
One of my favorite things to eat is guacamole, but come on for 1 avocado it is around 322 calories. Yes I know, I know.. but it is good fat, healthy fat! Sure it is but I could put down 10 avocados in a sitting without batting an eye. So the idea of adding mashed up peas to the mix is inspired! I usually just mash the peas with a fork.. there is no sense in adding extra dishes to wash later to the mix!
My husband and I call this Guacamole-pea
- 2 Avocados
- 1 cup peas (boiled and smashed with fork or food processor)
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp white onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup of a tomato, chopped
- Cumin to taste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the avocados until they reach a consistency you like. I like mine a bit chunky.
- Boil peas and mash them as well.
- Mix in the lime juice, cilantro, tomato and onion into the avocado and pea mixture.
- Add seasonings to taste
Also, instead of chips I cut up a whole wheat tortilla, drizzle coconut oil on top and bake it at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.